Monday, April 30, 2012

sew | nursing cover

I made a nursing cover using this tutorial from Prudent Baby (a fantastic DIY website, definitely check it out).

I made a couple changes from the tutorial. I did two coordinating fabrics instead of all one pattern. For two fabrics, get 3/4 yard of your main cover fabric and 1/4 yard of your accent fabric. I did my straps and a 5 inch pannel along the bottom in the accent fabric. Just remember to cut your main cover fabric about 5 inches shorter than the tutorial calls for unless you want a really long cover. I used a french seam and top stitching to attach the two pannels together for a really nice, clean look. I also used a longer length of boning in this cover. It was only 2 inches longer (16 inches instead of 14), but I found it a little more comfortable that way. Totally a matter of preference though.

Added bonus, until the kid gets here I can use it as a giant bib for the insane amount of food I'll be consuming between now and then.




1 comment:

  1. Love those colors! In response to your comment, the ironing board cover was super easy to make and unless your current padding is matted down, you don't really have to replace it. I added one thickness of scrap batting to mine and the fabric that I made mine of was a two fabric pack from Wal-Mart on clearance. Less seams is better for an ironing board cover so you don't end up with lumps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...