Friday, April 20, 2012

sew | gauze swaddle blanket

I found this tutorial for gauze swaddle blankets a while back and finally picked up some fabric this week. I am thrilled with the gauze fabric! Super lightweight, a little stretchy, and the most gorgeous texture. Not to mention that at around $3.50/yard it's a pretty economical option. I didn't like the colors they had at Joann Fabrics so I just got white and dyed it with some leftover Rit dye that I had at home (equal parts orange and scarlet). It ended up coming out this amazing deep coral color -- exactly what I was hoping for. This fabric dyes really well, and you could theoretically do just about any color you wanted so don't be discouraged if you can't find what you want at the fabric store!







Ruby loves the blanket -- I may have to make her one too!

3 comments:

  1. gah! keep the projects coming! it's so fun to see what you create. : ) and i can get my baby-girl-fix from you. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how cute! My son also likes to be swaddle in the muslin swaddle blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to get this color from rit dye for a project I am working on! I love it! I noticed there are a couple different color oranges in rit dye. Could you let me know which one you used for to get this color?? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...