Monday, April 16, 2012

food | easy biscuits



I made these a couple weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon.  They are so delicious.  And easy.  We're talkin' lazy Sunday afternoon easy. Like make in between naps easy.

Check out the recipe here.

Now if you're thinking that mine don't look quite like the ones from the recipe, you'd be right.  I may have not gotten everything exactly like I was supposed to.  Like how I wasn't really paying attention when I pulsed the butter in the food processor and completely obliterated it instead of leaving it in "pea sized" chunks.  Or how I accidentally used the 3/4 measuring cup instead of the 1 cup when doling out the flour (to be fair, the identifying fractions have worn off all my measuring cups so I go based on relative size and grabbed the biggest one I saw, forgetting that I had one in the dishwasher). Come to think of it, as I was actually making these in between naps, I may not have been completely awake which may have contributed to these problems. I didn't notice my flour error until I had already dumped the dough out to be kneaded, so I just added in some extra flour until the dough felt about how I thought it should.  Even after all that they still came out looking, and more importantly, tasting like biscuits.  That, my friends, is just how easy and fool-proof this recipe is.  Will they be better, lighter, and flakier if I actually follow all the directions next time? Probably. But we ate them all anyways.

1 comment:

  1. For being made while you were only half there, those look really good. Glad the recipe worked for you. I love how many people have success with this recipe.

    ~beth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...