Thursday, April 12, 2012

baby | 20 weeks and it's a......

Halfway.  Wow.  It's crazy how quickly the time has passed since we found out we were expecting our baby!

We had our ultrasound last week and it went really well!   It was so fun "seeing" our baby, and they sent us home with some great pictures -- the 3D pictures of the face are especially cool.

I know a lot of you have been asking, so here comes the big news.  As some of you know, we had been going back and forth on if we wanted to find out the gender of our sweet baby at the ultrasound.  Well we finally decided the night before our appointment that, assuming our baby cooperated, we did want to find out.   The ultrasound tech was able to tell within the first minute of the ultrasound, and it is with great joy that we look forward to welcoming a baby girl!

Already a cutie!  She kept her hands up by her face for the entire ultrasound which made it a little difficult for the tech to get a few of the pictures she needed, but we thought it was pretty cute.
From the initial look at the ultrasound, the doctor said that she (!!!) is right on track for growth but officially adjusted my due date from August 31st to September 2nd.

In other news, starting about a week ago I've been able to clearly feel her moving!  Actually, the first time I was positive I felt her move Isaac was able to feel her too!   We were laying in bed and he had his hand on my belly when all of a sudden he looked at me and said, "did you feel that?" right as I said, "did you feel that?".  There were a couple times in weeks previous when I thought I might have felt something but was never able to tell for sure until that night.   I don't know if it's just because I'm finally able to recognize what I was feeling all along, or if we just reached the point where her movements are discernible, but ever since that evening I've been able to feel her moving multiple times a day.   I also gained my first prego pound this week - good things happening all around!

And just in case you were wondering, we have already chosen her name, but we plan to keep it a secret until she's born. :)

3 comments:

  1. so exciting! congratulations on your baby girl!!!! and how sweet that you and isaac were able to feel her move at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! We're so excited for you guys. Great news all around. Are you feeling any better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I remember the first time James felt our little one move...he was so excited. Such a precious time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...