Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chalkboard Grocery List

I saw this awesome blackboard project from Little Lucy Lu and couldn't wait to make one myself.

I got the frame from a consignment shop for $0.61 -- it was home to a water damaged picture that I promptly removed.  The frame was still in perfect condition though, so I spray painted it white and then added a coat of some leftover light blue/grey paint that I had on hand.

While the frame was drying, I spray painted the glass with two coats of blackboard paint.

Once the frame was dry, I used a really fine grit sand paper to do some distressing and allow some of the white paint to show through.

Then I glued the glass back in the frame and that's it.  Grocery list board = done!





Also, how cool are these chalk paint pens?!?   No more screechy scratchy!  I think I'm going to buy one next time I'm in Jackson or Ann Arbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...