Thursday, May 19, 2011

Better Than Takeout Orange Chicken

You can find the recipe here.  The title says it all -- make this, you won't be disappointed.


We had this for dinner tonight and it really is better then takeout!  It tastes just like orange chicken from your favorite Chinese restaurant -- only fresher.  A little lighter even, since you make it with all chicken breast and no "mystery meat".  However, dinner was an hour late because I had no clue what I was doing frying the chicken.  First the oil was too hot, then it wasn't hot enough, but I got it all worked out before I messed up too many pieces of chicken.  While I was cooking the chicken, I threw some Basmati rice in the rice cooker.  Rice cooker rice really is the best -- it comes out moist and fluffy every time.  The sauce is the best part though, fresh ginger and garlic, a little orange juice, and brown sugar for the perfect amount of sweetness...YUM!  The rice and sauce freeze really well so I made a double batch and froze half.  The chicken really doesn't take that long once you know what you're doing, so next time I make it it should take less then half the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...