Saturday, September 8, 2012

baby | the nursery

Since I'm overdue and starting to get a little antsy, here's a little nursery tour:

Instead of turning our spare bedroom/study into a nursery, we decided to keep the baby in our room with us (at least for the time being).  We condensed our bedroom furniture and turned one side of the bedroom into a little nursery nook.

The banner above the crib is temporary -- the real banner is of her name which is top secret until her arrival (much to my mother's dismay).

If you would like to know how I made the crib bedding, you can see a list of links to all the tutorials I used here.

I recovered a hand-me-down glider with very worn, retro denim cushions using this tutorial.  

You can read about how I built the cubby bookshelf here.  Two of the baskets are filled to the brim with board books!  The rest of our baby/kid books are currently being stored in bins in the study until we have more bookshelf space.  The other two baskets hold swaddling blankets and bibs/burp cloths.


   

You can read about how I built our changing table topper and caddy here and our changing pad and cover here.  Initially we plan to use a combo of cloth and disposable diapers.  Cloth when we're home and on weekends and disposables when I'm at work or we're traveling.  I'm very excited about cloth diapering (thanks in no small part to this lady!), and I hope to someday be in a position to cloth diaper full-time.  However, I want to stay flexible and not go nuts killing myself cloth diapering full-time if it turns out to be too much along with working full-time.


This picture may be my most favorite detail of the nursery!  I had been wanting some kind of alphabet nursery art, and Aunt Kris surprised us with this incredible custom piece at the Hillsdale baby shower! 

One of the benefits of keeping our spare bedroom/study in its current state is that we still have a place for company to stay (hint hint).  Also, we put up two shelving units to hold all the baby gear, baby clothes, maternity clothes, non-maternity clothes, Christmas decorations, seasonal items, etc. which alleviates just about all of the clutter that would have otherwise consumed our reasonably small apartment.  Plus my pregnancy induced OCD was appeased with a ridiculous amount of label making.






  



3 comments:

  1. Aunt Kris is the coolest. Cute nursery set-up, and good choice keeping the name secret. No one can comment on it that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am OBSESSED WITH THIS. All of it. Awesome job, Kaite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that these are really stunning means gathering all before baby arrival and all according to their growth.Now i got idea for my baby. I think the only thing which is remaining is find some baby Store in Dallas for getting all these stuffs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...