Friday, March 30, 2012

baby | 18 weeks

Still truckin' along.  Unfortunately, my reprieve from morning sickness turned out to be temporary.  However, even though the morning sickness is back, it's definitely not as bad as it was before!  I've been having an easier time keeping food down this round, especially if I do most of my eating before 5pm.  Why 5pm?  I have no clue, it just seems to be the cutoff point lately.  Still, no complaints here since at least I can eat!  My goal is to get back up to my pre-pregnancy weight before our big halfway-through (I can hardly believe it!) ultrasound in a week.  Since our ultrasound is on Good Friday, I have the day off work, and Isaac doesn't have class, so we get to go out and celebrate with a lunch date afterwards.

Besides the throwing up, I've been feeling pretty great lately!  I haven't had any problems sleeping (no surprise to those who know me well), and with the warmer weather I've been able to get out and walk nearly everyday that it hasn't rained.  I haven't really had any cravings, but lately I have been eating a lot of grapefruit, peanut butter, apples, carrots, and cheese.


2 comments:

  1. like i said on fb, too cute! sorry the morning sickness is back, but i'm so glad it's better than before! you have such a great attitude about it. i was looking up juicing recipes just a couple days ago and saw this recipe for morning sickness. thought you might be interested! i wish i knew about it when i was feeling nauseous in my first trimester.


    For morning sickness (nausea & vomiting):
    3 apples
    3-4 stalks of celery
    1 small knob of ginger (1/2 inch or more if you can take it)
    Blend and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bag of candied ginger I can give to you on easter if you'd like too! It was recommended to me, I actually cannot stand ginger though and decided I'd rather be nauseous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...