Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Update: Quick (and budget friendly) meals for two!

2) Frozen veggies are great for quick dinners.  Especially the Simply Steamer (Green Giant) veggies.  These were on sale recently, and I had a coupon, so I figured we might as well try them.  They were really great -- tasted fresh and had a nice consistency, not at all mushy!  At $1.99/package (without a coupon) it's enough for 3-4 servings and they are ready to go in less then 5 minutes.  Our favorite so far: sugar snap peas (in the shell).

All still true, but the price I mentioned above was from Kroger.  I stopped by Wal-Mart this week and saw the exact same box of sugar snap peas for only $1.52.  Add in my $.50 off coupon and you're looking at $1.02/box.  Awesome! 

I don't want to get into the "Wal-Mart is killing off small businesses" argument -- you can choose to shop at Wal-Mart, an organic outdoor market, or both.  All I'm saying is if you want to buy these particular frozen veggies, you can get them for a dollar at Wal-Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...