Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Neckties

First you should check out this post by Mary.  The Good HEAVENS neckties from her post are so fun, I decided to try to make something similar for Isaac to possibly wear on Easter.  I plan to put the tie in his Easter basket (he doesn't usually read my blog unless I ask him to proof something so I'm counting on that to keep the tie a surprise).

I found the (free!) pattern for the tie here.  The directions are so easy to follow -- they lay out every step with both written instructions and pictures.

Sorry the pictures are so dark -- they came from my phone which doesn't have a flash.



I embroidered a personalized tag for the underside of the tie (ironic that my free hand stitching is better then my handwriting, dontcha think?!).
Via

Check out these colorful Spring bow ties!  Now that I know how easy ties are to make, I can't wait to make more!

1 comment:

  1. have i mentioned that this is the most gorgeous tie i have ever seen! i am hoping to make one for cody for our anniversary, and i can't get yours out of my head! great work. and thanks for the
    shoutout!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...