Sunday, August 12, 2012

life | the last dates we'll ever have without paying for a babysitter

Well maybe not the absolute last, but the last we'll have for a looooong time.  So we made a "before the baby bucket list".  To be clear, I am not equating having a baby with dying.  Socially or otherwise.  Seriously, we are SUPER excited for our baby to get here!  Realistically though life is about to be really different, and we figure we might as well enjoy our last couple weeks as just the two of us.  Not that we can't or won't ever go out with the baby, but it'll likely be at least a little while before we are sufficiently recovered, comfortable, and capable. Plus, with all the fun we've been having the time is flying by!  At least I'm not sitting at home twiddling my thumbs and waiting for my water to break.  Because that sounds so fun.

One of the things near the top of our list was to go out dancing.  Back in college Isaac and I took a ballroom dance class and occasionally visited the campus swing club.  We really enjoy dancing together, but hadn't danced in well over a year.  So we decided to find a place to go dancing.  There's no time like to present to get back into it, even if you are hugely pregnant, right?  So you're probably wondering, just what does it look like when a full-term prego lady dances?  Well do I have a treat for you...
Do I look a tad ridiculous?  Yeah.  It's ok though because I look a tad ridiculous doing almost anything at this point in the pregnancy.  And more importantly, we had a great time!  I have a feeling we'll be going back to the once-a-month dance events even if we have to pay for a babysitter.
Full term - 37 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...