Monday, November 7, 2011

food | homemade naan

Not long after we moved to Fort Wayne, we had the opportunity to try out a little hole-in-the-wall Indian restaurant called Taj Mahal. All the food was fantastic but we especially loved their garlic naan. So you can imagine my joy when, while browsing Pinterest, I found a recipe to make naan at home.


This weekend I finally had the opportunity to try it out and let me tell you, it is well worth the extra effort. Amazingly soft, pillowy, and all around delicious. I made a simple beef curry in the crockpot to enjoy along with rice and the naan last night. However, you can also use naan for personal pizzas, flatbread sandwiches, etc. I used one to make a pizza for Isaac's lunch today and it worked perfectly -- soft but crispy around the edge and the most perfect garlic flavor.

I highly recommend trying these recipes, the curry was super easy and would be great for a quick weeknight crockpot meal--especially since you can make the naan ahead of time. The naan really doesn't require much hands on time but it does need to rise for about an hour, so don't start this one unless you have at least an hour and a half. You can't make naan without garlic butter, it's just wrong. And finally, if you don't have curry powder (like me), you can easily make your own using spices you probably already have in your kitchen.

Homemade Naan

Garlic Butter

Crockpot Beef Curry

Create your own curry powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...