Sunday, September 4, 2011

style | look alike fashion for Fall

I've never really been on top of the latest trends or styles, but I do love to shop.   Thankfully I have many friends (and three stylish sisters) who are in the know and do their best to point me in the right direction (check out Mary's blog for great fashion posts).  For example, I vehemently refused to try skinny jeans for years.  I though that, given my hip to chest ratio, I could never ever ever wear them.  I tried on my first pair not that long ago, and it turns out that they are the best fitting (and looking, if I do say so myself) jeans I have ever owned.

So now I try to keep abreast of what's going on out there in style land.  After perusing the J. Crew website and catalogue for Fall style ideas that were unfortunately out of my price range, I discovered a few look alike pieces from Target.

I'm really loving stripes for Fall -- this top from J. Crew was top of my list until I found this almost identical one from Target (for almost half the price!).
I bought the Target version, and I love the fit and color -- great with skinny jeans for Fall.  I don't usually go for sequins, but I really like the detail at the shoulders.  It dresses up an otherwise plain tee.

I'm also loving structured dresses like these two from J. Crew and Target.
Chances are, if it has a ruffle, I'll like it.  These cardigans from J. Crew and Target are no exception.

Happy shopping!

2 comments:

  1. I've been pleasantly surprised by what I have found (and bought!) clothes-wise at Target in the last year or so. I've had particularly good luck with staples like tees and sweaters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such great finds! it's amazing how they really do look almost identical. i'm afraid that target is my downfall now that we're a mere 5 minutes away from one! i keep telling cody that target wants to get me preggo, because their maternity clothes are so cute! thanks for the shoutout, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...