Sunday, August 21, 2011

home | our new apartment

We've been here a couple weeks now, and it really does feel like home.  It happened a lot quicker than I would have thought -- I think jumping right into work helped a lot because it got us into a routine right from the beginning.  I'm quickly finding my way around Fort Wayne (it actually reminds me a lot of Omaha), and it's nice being in a larger area, though I do miss Hillsdale and being able to walk everywhere. 

As promised, here are a few pictures of our new place:

When you come in the front door you enter into the dinning area with the kitchen to the left.
Our apartment has a little galley kitchen but I am amazed at how functional it is -- tons of cabinet space, well laid out, and a nice large pantry.
The dinning area opens into the living room.
This hutch was holding books in our bedroom at our old apartment because we ran out of bookshelves.  I'm very thankful for the built in bookshelf in our new living room so the hutch can now hold all our glassware! 
I'm excited (though happy to wait) for cool weather so we can try out the fireplace. :)
The aforementioned built in bookshelf -- probably my favorite feature of the whole apartment.
Down the hall from the living room you will find the spare bathroom on the left.

The spare bedroom/office has a corner for me to work on projects and take care of mail and papers.

Isaac had an old office chair that he didn't need anymore so Victoria helped me spruce it up while she was visiting us this weekend. :)

Because our new kitchen is fairly small, our kitchen cart didn't fit.  However, it works wonderfully as a storage cart in the closet.
I saw something like this on Pinterest -- just find a plastic bin with holes and feed the ends of ribbon through for easy and tangle free access.
If you come visit this is where you'll sleep. :)
Isaac has a study corner too -- he has already made good use of it and taught himself Hebrew over the past two weeks in preparation for starting at the seminary!
More books. lol
Our bedroom is a work in progress -- we are currently on the lookout for nightstands.  We love our new bed!
Our bedroom opens into a walk through closet/vanity and master bath.
Vanity
Storage
On my side of the closet we installed a rod from Ikea ($2.99) and used hooks to hang jeans and pants.  It is behind the hanging clothes and makes good use of previously wasted space.  It also keeps all my pants wrinkle and crease free!
My side of the closet.
Isaac's side of the closet.  
Our bathroom.


Hopefully I'll be back to posting more regularly now that we're settled in.  I'm looking forward to sharing some of the projects that I hope to complete in our new apartment!



2 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful place Kaite!!! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your new Fort Wayne life. Miss you hon. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a beautiful job Kaite!! I'm so happy for you and Isaac and I look forward to visiting you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...