Thursday, June 2, 2011

We're Moving!

Guess what...we're moving to Fort Wayne, IN in August!  We've been waiting for the last few pieces to fall into place before we made a big announcement but we've been thinking and talking about it for a little while now. 
Fort Wayne Skyline via
We are in the process of getting an apartment and I have a job interview on Saturday -- whew, life changes fast!  We are so excited about this new chapter in our life and to see what God has in store for us in Fort Wayne.

As we prepare to move in just a few short months I am on a quest to rid our current apartment of clutter and junk.  Maybe you have seen this quote by William Morris:  “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful”.  This is my new mantra (ok, first mantra, I don't think I've ever had one before).  We have way more stuff then we need, especially in the clothing category, so that's where I'm starting first.

First up: jeans and bras.  I wear two pairs of jeans on a regular basis.  Two.  They are the best fitting, most comfortable pairs that I own.  In fact, I can't even remember the last time I wore any of the other pairs that I have.  Coupled with the fact that I'm not in college anymore and I only wear jeans about 5% of the time,  I really don't need more then two, or at the most three, pairs anyways (I would like to get a classy grown up pair of dark wash skinny jeans at some point).  Now comes the embarrassing part, would you like to know how many pairs of jeans I am not wearing yet keeping in my dresser?  Eight.  All are either a little too big, too small, too long, etc. Yet I kept them all just in case I...lose weight/gain weight/magically wake up 3 inches taller tomorrow morning.  So today six pairs of jeans went on Ebay.  If any of them don't sell I'll take them to Salvation Army.  Either way they will be out of our apartment.

My stack of Ebay/Salvation Army jeans
Bras: same song, second verse.  I have way too many bras that I never wear because either the band is too loose, they pinch, don't fit right, or all of the above.  Gone.  Salvation Army, you are getting a big bag of stuff from me in the near future.

Also, Isaac deserves big props -- last night he went through all his clothes and pulled out all the old/hole ridden/doesn't fit anymore/never fit in the first place/gross items from his dresser and got them all bagged up for either the trash or Salvation Army. 

We are now almost two whole boxes of clothes lighter for our move!

Stay tuned to see what we sell/give away/throw away next.

1 comment:

  1. moving seems to be the theme right now! let me know if you come up with any life-saving moving tips, and i'll do the same! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...