Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shoe Redo

I have had this very yellow pair of peep toe shoes since high school.  However, I have only worn them twice.  Mostly because the peep toe area rubs against my toe and makes it super painful to walk in about 5 minutes.  Also because they are very yellow.  As in so yellow they can be hard to wear with just about everything.  Yet I kept them (seeing a theme yet?).

So I bet you're thinking I gave away, sold, or tossed 'em, right?  Guess again!  I almost did give them away -- as I was adding them to the Salvation Army bag, I noticed a little scrap of fabric that was on my dresser that I thought would be perfect with the yellow.  I also hoped that if I tied the scrap around the peep toe area that the fabric would stop or soften the painful rubbing.


Not only are they now entirely pain free, but also (in my opinion) much more wearable.  The original yellow shoes were hard to wear with a lot of colors, but with the addition of the colorful fabric they now seem to go with just about everything (crazy as it sounds).

So do they pass the useful and/or beautiful test?  I certainly think so -- these shoes will definitely be traveling to Fort Wayne with us.

To try something like this on a pair of your shoes, just find a cute scrap of fabric and fashion it into a bow or knot (I tried both but the knot was better for this pair).  Attach wherever needed with craft glue.  I knotted the fabric around the peep toe then glued the fabric to the sides of the shoe so they just meet the sole.  Helps the whole thing to stay in place and makes it look more like it came that way and less like a craft project.

1 comment:

  1. it almost makes me sick how awesomely creative you are and how similar our tastes are. ;) i think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...