Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A weekend visit

Sorry for the lapse in posting.  It was a busy weekend, and I feel like I have been playing catch-up ever since!
 
After work on Thursday, we took off for a weekend trip down to Concordia Seminary in Fort Wayne for Isaac's grad school visit.  We had a wonderful weekend visiting classes and apartments, eating really good food, and playing darts (turns out I'm not half bad!).

I really enjoyed the apartment visits, and it was fun to think about potential decorating options and ideas.  The white walls and empty rooms are just waiting for someone to come in and paint, arrange furniture, and organize (added bonus: the apartment complex we looked at actually lets you paint on your own!).

While my new apartment decorating time is still a little while off, here are a few of my favorite inspiration pictures:

                        
Via
I love neutrals with little pops of color--especially blue or purple.  It feels so simple and relaxed without looking sloppy.  I also love the hydrangeas on the coffee table--hydrangeas are the perfect decorating flower in my opinion.

How fantastic is this dining room?!  I love the colors, the chairs, and yes, I'm pretty sure those are hydrangeas on the table.  Disclaimer: my husband thinks the chandelier looks like someone strung the abominable snowman up over the table.

I love this simple, colorful table spread with hydrangeas (of course!) as a centerpiece.

1 comment:

  1. love your inspiration photos! i may or may not have a HUGE file on my computer full of decor ideas for our next place. glad the visit went well! cody is visiting duke divinity tomorrow, and then we'll no in the next week, i think, where we're going! so excited! can't wait to find out where you guys end up, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...