Saturday, July 28, 2012

baby | 35 weeks

It's been a while since I posted anything at all let alone a baby update.  This is partly because summer is always busier than anyone ever expects it to be, and partly because everything is just peachy here in prego land and there really isn't much to report.  I've been feeling great despite the heat-wave/drought of a summer we've been having.  I haven't experienced any cravings (yet), but I have maintained a healthy appetite ever since the morning sickness went away.  I'm caught up to where I should be weight-wise and the baby is a teensy bit on the small side but mostly right on track for size.  At my last visit the doctor said she was head down and looking great -- hopefully she stays that way!  I have weekly appointments every Tuesday morning now, and it doesn't seem possible that I've been pregnant long enough to be this close to having a baby!  She's considered full term in 2 weeks, and her estimated due date is September 2nd.  I think it would be a little hilarious if she arrived one day late and I labored on labor day...

Here are a few highlights from the summer so far:

I made a quick weekend trip to Omaha for a wonderful baby shower with family and friends at the end of June.

We spent a wonderful week over the 4th of July lounging on the beach with Isaac's family at their cottage in Pentwater, MI.  Isaac's mom and my sisters-in-law also threw a lovely family shower while we were up there!

We recently had the privilege of visiting our home church, St. Paul's Lutheran Church, where Isaac delivered his first public sermon (he did great!).

On the baby-prep front, we've taken a couple classes at the hospital where we will be delivering, assembled tons of baby stuff, finished setting up the nursery nook in our room, and turned a corner of the office into a baby-item-warehouse.  I'm serious about that last one, people have been SO generous both with gifts and hand-me-downs!

In the midst of everything else, Isaac has been taking summer classes at the seminary along with teaching a Latin class, and I've been working about 50 hours/week with the exception of our week-long vacation with family.  Like I said, summer is always busier than you think it will be and this one has been no exception. 

Tomorrow afternoon, the lovely ladies at St. Paul's are throwing us yet another baby shower (we are truly surrounded by wonderful, thoughtful, and generous friends and family!), and we are excited to see everyone in Hillsdale one last time before the baby comes.  I've been restricted from traveling outside of Fort Wayne after tomorrow so you are guaranteed we'll be here for the next month, and in case you were wondering we welcome visitors! :)    

3 comments:

  1. You are SO CUTE! So glad to hear that all is going so well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes!!! I'm so excited for you and Isaac!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! It won't be long now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...